installation made easy.
You have 2 options for installation:
- Go Zero’s national installation team
- Or choose to use your local electrician
We highly recommend our national installation team of professional electrical technicians.
Optimus EV installation teams
Go Zero has nationwide installation coverage, this is to ensure your electric vehicle charger is installed quickly and efficiently with end-to-end peace of mind and support.
Top 10 FAQs
A. Our standard installation covers:
- Fitting the charger on a brick or plaster wall or other suitable permanent structure.
- Cable supplied up to 10 meters, fixed flush to the wall, from the consumer unit to the charger.
- Cable to be installed at a maximum height of 2m.
- Cable routed through 1 drilled hole in a wall up to 20 inches thick where required.
- Fitted in compliance with current wiring regulations BS7671 and Code of Practice for Electric Vehicle Charging Equipment Installation, 4th Edition.
- Assumes there is adequate spare ways in the consumer unit or isolation switch after the energy meter to provide a safe isolation.
- Assumes that the current property complies to BS:7671 and that no remedial work is required to prior to the EV Charger installation.
- Wi-Fi reach at the point of EV Charger location (2.4GHz).
Please call our sales team on 020 813 80 800 for the Optimus EV Charger with the 4G Sim option (as required) should Wi-Fi not be available.
Not covered within a standard installation:
- Cable trenched or hidden behind walls, through joists, under flooring, aerial or underground.
- No civil works to be disturbed/ moved as part of the installation.
- Run cable under floorboards or through ducting/ceiling voids/wall voids without a drawcord or if the floorboards have not been lifted. We can’t take responsibility for reinstating flooring or other building materials after the cable has been laid.
If your property does not meet standard installation further materials may be required to complete your installation at an additional cost, these would be quoted & agreed upon in advance.
A. A tethered EV charger is an electric vehicle charging unit that has a cable permanently attached, whereas an untethered EV charger has a socket where a separate cable is connected to charge the vehicle. The Optimus EV charger comes as tethered or untethered, so whichever is best for your property we have you covered.
A. Yes, the Optimus EV is the fastest standard home charger available in the UK for a single phase install. A 7.4 kW charger is the fastest charger that a home can manage without the need for an expensive electrical 3-phase integration.
While some homes in the UK can support 11kW or 22kW chargers with 3-phase electrical integration, this can be costly (over £3,000) and not feasible for most households. Therefore, if you want a speedy home charging solution without breaking the bank, the Optimus EV is arguably the best option.
A. The law requires your home electric vehicle charger to be installed by a licensed a professional electrician working to code: BS7671 and the Code of Practice for Electric Vehicle Charging Equipment Installation, 4th Edition.
A. The time it takes to charge an electric vehicle (EV) at home depends on several factors, including the size of the vehicle’s battery, the capacity of the charging equipment, and the speed at which the charging equipment can deliver electricity. Typically the Go Zero charger will add 20-30 miles of range per hour, meaning your car can add up to 240 miles in as little as 8 hours.
A. The Go Zero Optimus will deliver a maximum of 7.4kWh of electricity to your car (per hour).
A. Well you can but it will take over 24+ hours to charge, Really the 3-pin adaptors are only meant to be used when in a pinch.
A. Yes, you can install an electric vehicle charger outdoors. In fact, outdoor installation is a popular option for many EV owners, especially if they don’t have a garage or if they prefer to park their vehicle outside.
A. With permission from the landlord, yes, and grants may be available to help with the cost.
A. Yes, and you can even get paid for doing so through the Go Zero network.
Optimus EV Charger.
The smartest EV charger on earth.
Shipped in 2 days or installed in 2 weeks.º